I have reports from other beekeepers that their hives are swarming. In my inspection yesterday, I found a plethora of queen cups, but none were charged... until I came to the last hive in the furthest outyard.. and there on the bottom were two charged but uncapped queen cells. First split of the year accomplished.
The queens I ordered last January were canceled. Nuc's are late, and packages are late.. so my ability to manipulate as I usually do has been impaired. You work with what you have and do your best.
As you can see in the picture, the dandelions are in full bloom. I cultivate them as you can see in the picture below.
With swarm cells showing up, Swarm season is about to start. Captured swarms will hopefully add to the hive count. The fun is about to begin! Stand by for updates!